Just a reminder you can access league game schedules by going to our Game Schedules page (link is also on the left of most pages). Some leagues use the online system, and others uploaded schedules which would be at the bottom of the page.
We value our relationships with our schools and appreciate the opportunity our kids have to play basketball in their gyms. It is extremely important to the success of our organization that everyone respects the rules of these gyms. They are as follows:
- NO ball playing or bouncing of balls in the hallway.
- Visitors are only permitted in the gym and hallway leading to the gym. Nobody should be going to other areas of the building.
- Please use the bathrooms in the hallway down from the gym and throw all paper towels in the trash.
- NO food in the gym… only water bottles and/or sports drinks for players.
- Please clean up and throw away all trash prior to leaving the building.
- Children should be accompanied by adults at all times.
- No person is permitted to sit on any stage.
Support Coaches vs Cancer by dining at the Candlewyck this Sunday from 5 to 9 PM. 20% of your check will be donated to Coaches vs Cancer. Present the Flyer or show it on your phone. Take out is included!
Saturday, February 6,2016 will be our annual Coaches vs Cancer event at CB East HS. We encourage everyone to stop by and support our community as we raise support for cancer research. Our goal is to raise over $50,000 for cancer research this year, in doing this we will reach our $500,000 mark in 9 years. For more information about the day's events, visit the Coaches vs Cancer page.
- WHO: Boys & Girls Grades 3 through HS
- WHEN: February 6th, 2016
- TIME: Games start at 8 A.M.
- WHERE: Central Bucks East High Gymnasium
Tournament runs from 8-noon and will be managed by CB East HS Boys and Girls Basketball teams.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1) Put together a team of 3-4 players in your grade.
2) E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot for your team. Include team name, grade, players’ names and email address of an adult contact.
3) Complete and return an entry form (below) for each player. Also, include $25.00 check for each player. Checks payable to American Cancer Society.
4) Submit entries and payments as a team. Mail check no later than Feburary 3rd to Chris Reilly at 3799 Amberton Way Doylestown, PA 18902
CBAA Basketball will be offering a Boys 9th/10th Travel Team that will participate in the ICBA League and play in 3-4 tournaments. Practices will begin in late November.
Please contact Gary Elias at email@example.com if interested in trying out for this team.
New Child Protection laws that affect CBAA volunteers:
Any CBAA volunteer ages 18 and older who accepts responsibility for a CBAA player and has direct contact* with our players is defined as a mandatory reporter under Pennsylvania law:
*“Direct contact” is defined as the care, supervision, guidance or control of children and routine interaction with children. “routine interaction with children” is defined as regular and repeated contact that is integral to a person's employment or volunteer responsibilities.
As a mandatory reporter, certain clearances will be required for an individual to participate within CBAA, the following must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of the Fall 2015 season. At a minimum this applies to all Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches in each program.
1. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services COST: FREE
2. Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police COST: FREE
3a. If you have lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years, provide signed FBI Disclosure Statement
3b. If you have NOT lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years, complete an FBI fingerprint based criminal background check. COST: $27.50. Contact email@example.com for a payment code
For further information on the laws see: Keepkidsafe.org or contact the CBAA Compliance Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that a variation of these laws also pertains to paid trainers and other paid individuals. Please contact the CBAA Compliance Director: email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this topic.
Below you will find the names of our 2015-16 CBAA Board. Please contact the appropriate board member with any question that you may have via our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
CBAA Basketball Board 2015-16
|Robin Kardane||Registration / Database|
|Chris Mazullo||Compliance / Travel Director|
|Karen Dubin||Sponsorship / Uniforms|
|Tony Badger||Web Manager|
|Patrice & Gary Ockenhouse||Ref and PIAA Ref Coordinators|
|Ryan Bartchak||Boys Grades 1/2 League Director|
|Stephen Herrera||Boys Grades 3/4 League Director|
|Amy Badger & Tony Badger||Boys Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|Mike Laboulierre||Boys Middle School League Director|
|Jared Gorlick||Boys High School League Director|
|Chris Slack||Girls Grades 1/2 League Director|
|Jeff Stein & Mike Burns||Girls Grades 3/4 League Directors|
|Kim Hagerich & George Pla||Girls Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|David Horner||Girls Senior League Director|
|Glen Ockenhouse||Summer League Director|
Remember to visit our Camps and Clinics page to find more opportunities for your young athletes to play and learn basketball. As we receive information about these local opportunities we will adding them directly onto this page.
|Anthony and Sylvan Pools||McArdle's Holiday Tree Farm|
|Applebee's Grill and Bar||Montgomery Bucks Endodontics (2 Teams)|
|Black Dog Design||Musick Tile|
|Blaher Office Furniture||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons|
|Central Bucks Urology||Pioneer Dentistry (2 Teams)|
|Elm Grove Forge||Remax Action Realty - Tom Kehan|
|Gresko Builders||Solebury Investment Group|
|Harte Group||Sure Line Info|
|King Insurance Group||TAVO Packaging|
|Lucktastic||Weichert Realtors - Barbara Luciano|
Despite major obstacles thrown at us by Mother Nature, CBAA capped off a great season with a thrilling March Madness Tournament this past week. In front of packed crowds, the boys and girls in our community played some impressive basketball with many of the games decided on the last shot. Congratulations to all.
Girls Division -
3rd/4th Girls Champions - B Ball Boa's
Congratulations to Coach Neil Giacomelli and his B Ball Boa's. The Boa's finished the regular season at 4-6 before going on a great playoff run to win the championship. A true March Madness Cinderella team. Awesome job B Ball Boa's!
5th/6th Girls Champions - The Hulks
Congratulations to Chris Taylor, David Hendricks and The Hulks for winning the Girls 5th & 6th Grade League Championship! The Hulks got off to a great first half and then had to hold off a furious 2nd half rally to hold onto the victory. Great job Hulks!
Girls Senior League Champions - The Big Blue
Coached by Dave Horner and Brad Maloney, the Big Blue, finished the regular season in 7th place with a record of 3-7 but caught lightning in a bottle for a postseason run that culminated with a 31-28 overtime win over the top-seeded team in the championship game. Congrats to the Big Blue!
Boys Division -
Boys 3rd/4th grade league held 2 year end Tournament Brackets.
Ivy League Championship - Syracuse
The Ivy League Championship was decided by a tight margin as Michigan, coached by Dave Walter, squared off against Syracuse, coached by Rob Hathaway. The 1st half ended with Syracuse holding a significant lead, but the Wolverines refused to go away and battled back throughout the 2nd half. With just 2 minutes left in the game, Michigan closed to within 2, and fans were at the edge of their seats. The Orange successfully held off the Wolverine charge and emerged as the victor of the Ivy League. Congrats to Coach Hathaway and Syracuse.
Big East Championship - Temple
The Big East Championship had the Temple Owls facing off against the Irish of Notre Dame. This was an epic battle of the titans, where the Irish found themselves down by 10 at halftime. Temple stumbled early in the 2nd half and the Irish closed the gap. Ultimately the strength of the Owls outside shooting was too much for the team from South Bend, and Temple closed the door and won to be the Big East Champions. Congratulations to the Temple Owls.
NCAA Bracket Championship - Duke
#5 seed Duke squared off against the #6 seed Kentucky in the championship game of the NCAA bracket. A three pointer at the first quarter buzzer doubled Duke’s lead and they never looked back. Kentucky made a valiant attempt late, but had too much to overcome. Congratulations to Coach Joe Feraco and the Blue Devils on an excellent season!
NIT Bracket Championship - Penn State
The final on Monday night featuring #2 seeded Purdue and #5 seeded Penn State was a close affair for the first half, with excellent team play on both sides. In the third quarter, Penn State hit from everywhere on the court and built a double digit lead they never relinquished. Congratulations to the Nittany Lions and coaches Scott Hamilton and Dave Robinson for their post season success!
Boys Middle School Champions - Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Congratulations to the Scarlet Knights who won 4 games in 5 nights to win the Middle School Championship. Rutgers overcame 4th quarter deficits in 3 of those games including the Championship game. Great job RU!
Boys High School Champions - Team Gorlick
Team Gorlick captured the senior league championship after going a perfect 16-0 this season. The boys, who were the ultimate definition of a cohesive team that played great fundamental basketball all year, overcame every obstacle thrown their way en route to capping off an undefeated season.
CBAA Basketball would like to send a major THANK YOU to all of our volunteers and sponsors for helping make the 2014-2015 season such a success. With over 1500 kids playing basketball in our organization, CBAA Basketball is only as good as our volunteers. We thank everyone for their help, but would like to acknowledge the following coaches from each league who really went above and beyond the call of duty.
Our sponsor, Dick's Sporting Goods, has some special offers for our CBAA Basketball families. Please see the "special offers" image on the right side, or click on this link to get to the coupopns.
CBAA BASKETBALL on Twitter
- Exclusive Savings Event for CBAA Members and Friends fb.me/78Bj3nuOg 2 days ago
- Lax - Irish Skirmish Registration Closing Soon! fb.me/4NWYOrM8D 5 days ago
- Check out our most recent newsletter! fb.me/7JVhWsAZY 5 days ago
- fb.me/RMpJKoOp 8 days ago
- fb.me/4wyiyJ5gv 8 days ago
- Coaches vs. Cancer 3 on 3 Schedule is as follows: 8:00AM - 9:15AM 3rd/4th grade 9:00AM - 11:00AM 5th/6th... fb.me/7Ad1503rL 8 days ago
- In case you missed it! fb.me/47nQCEUJN 9 days ago
- Coaches vs Cancer this Saturday! fb.me/4xSv44ZN6 9 days ago
- Check out our most recent newsletter! fb.me/79ajkQZNL 12 days ago
- Irish Skirmish Lacrosse Tournament Registration is Open #constantcontact conta.cc/1mmP2UL 13 days ago
- Last Day to Register for 2016 Spring Lacrosse fb.me/3Ce62qIUn 14 days ago
- CBAA Lax Partners with YMCA to Develop Youth Lax fb.me/7JRuwPuwF 15 days ago
- Have you seen our latest news? fb.me/QlTT3gln 15 days ago
- All games scheduled for Saturday, January 23 and Sunday, January 24 are canceled. 23 days ago
- Coaches vs Cancer 2016 fb.me/756jAtmK0 23 days ago
- Have you checked this out? fb.me/6XO0ZrcIh 24 days ago
- Have you checked this out? fb.me/5cO5uJ9o5 24 days ago
- In case you missed it! fb.me/4M1bOaASD 27 days ago
- Have you seen our latest news? fb.me/22qt2Nm7D 30 days ago