Registration for the 2015-2016 CBAA Basketball season will be open from September 1-October 15. We had over 1400 kids participating last season with some leagues at full capacity, so please register early. Registrations received after October 15 will be subject to a $25 late fee.
Coaches/Parents - Please be aware of the NEW PA CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES LAWS that require mandatory clearances. CBAA will cover costs, but time is of the essence to process. All Coaches will need to complete necessary Clearances (NEW PA Child Protective Laws).
Travel Basketball - We are waiting for confirmation from CBSD on our gym dates for the fall. We hope to announce open gym dates for each age group and the travel tryout schedule by 9/4. Please check our website for updates.
The Central Bucks Athletic Association is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to providing and encouraging sports related activities for the youth of our community.
The Travel Directors have completed the process of reviewing the applications for head coaching positions for all age groups in the CBAA Basketball Travel Program. Please note that some head coaching positions may not be filled until the time of tryouts which are expected to take place in September. Information concerning the tryout schedule for each age group will be available by August 23.
In some instances, a determination as to whether CBAA will field a second team for a particular grade level may not be made until the tryouts for that grade have begun. This determination will be based upon several factors, including, but not limited to, the following: the number of players attending the tryouts, the skill level of those players, and the number of qualified head coaches who have expressed interest in coaching a team at that grade level.
Once again, all CBAA teams will participate in the ICBA. ICBA has established divisions at the following grade levels and the head coaching assignments at those levels are as follows:
- 4th grade girls: The head coach position(s) will be determined at the time of tryouts in September. A determination will be made at that time whether CBAA will field one or two teams. There is no A/B distinction at this level in the ICBA.
- 5th grade girls: Patrick Renaud / second head coaching position - to be determined.
- 6th grade girls: A - T.J. Duffy / B – Matt Plack.
- 7th grade girls: Pete DiGiovanni / second head coaching position - to be determined.
- 8th grade girls: John Cweiber / second head coaching position - to be determined.
- 3rd grade boys: The head coach position(s) will be determined at the time of tryouts in September. A determination will be made at that time whether CBAA will field one or two teams. There is no A/B distinction at this level in the ICBA.
- 4th grade boys: Bill Lolas / Scott Aivazian. There is no A/B distinction at this level in the ICBA.
- 5th grade boys: Ryan Bartchak / Kevin Zosulis. It is expected that both teams will be entered in the ICBA “A” Division.
- 6th grade boys: John McSweeney / Chris Mazullo. It is expected that both teams will be entered in the ICBA “A” Division.
- 7th grade boys: Mike Harte / second head coaching position - to be determined.
- 8th grade boys: A - Tom Hartman / B - Bill Charlton.
- 9th/10th grade boys: Gary Elias/ There will be a 9th/10th boys division in ICBA this year.
For any questions, please contact CBAA Basketball President, Gary Elias at email@example.com.
Remember to visit our Camps and Clinics page to find more opportunities for your young athletes to play and learn basketball. As we receive information about these local opportunities we will adding them directly onto this page.
Despite major obstacles thrown at us by Mother Nature, CBAA capped off a great season with a thrilling March Madness Tournament this past week. In front of packed crowds, the boys and girls in our community played some impressive basketball with many of the games decided on the last shot. Congratulations to all.
Girls Division -
3rd/4th Girls Champions - B Ball Boa's
Congratulations to Coach Neil Giacomelli and his B Ball Boa's. The Boa's finished the regular season at 4-6 before going on a great playoff run to win the championship. A true March Madness Cinderella team. Awesome job B Ball Boa's!
5th/6th Girls Champions - The Hulks
Congratulations to Chris Taylor, David Hendricks and The Hulks for winning the Girls 5th & 6th Grade League Championship! The Hulks got off to a great first half and then had to hold off a furious 2nd half rally to hold onto the victory. Great job Hulks!
Girls Senior League Champions - The Big Blue
Coached by Dave Horner and Brad Maloney, the Big Blue, finished the regular season in 7th place with a record of 3-7 but caught lightning in a bottle for a postseason run that culminated with a 31-28 overtime win over the top-seeded team in the championship game. Congrats to the Big Blue!
Boys Division -
Boys 3rd/4th grade league held 2 year end Tournament Brackets.
Ivy League Championship - Syracuse
The Ivy League Championship was decided by a tight margin as Michigan, coached by Dave Walter, squared off against Syracuse, coached by Rob Hathaway. The 1st half ended with Syracuse holding a significant lead, but the Wolverines refused to go away and battled back throughout the 2nd half. With just 2 minutes left in the game, Michigan closed to within 2, and fans were at the edge of their seats. The Orange successfully held off the Wolverine charge and emerged as the victor of the Ivy League. Congrats to Coach Hathaway and Syracuse.
Big East Championship - Temple
The Big East Championship had the Temple Owls facing off against the Irish of Notre Dame. This was an epic battle of the titans, where the Irish found themselves down by 10 at halftime. Temple stumbled early in the 2nd half and the Irish closed the gap. Ultimately the strength of the Owls outside shooting was too much for the team from South Bend, and Temple closed the door and won to be the Big East Champions. Congratulations to the Temple Owls.
NCAA Bracket Championship - Duke
#5 seed Duke squared off against the #6 seed Kentucky in the championship game of the NCAA bracket. A three pointer at the first quarter buzzer doubled Duke’s lead and they never looked back. Kentucky made a valiant attempt late, but had too much to overcome. Congratulations to Coach Joe Feraco and the Blue Devils on an excellent season!
NIT Bracket Championship - Penn State
The final on Monday night featuring #2 seeded Purdue and #5 seeded Penn State was a close affair for the first half, with excellent team play on both sides. In the third quarter, Penn State hit from everywhere on the court and built a double digit lead they never relinquished. Congratulations to the Nittany Lions and coaches Scott Hamilton and Dave Robinson for their post season success!
Boys Middle School Champions - Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Congratulations to the Scarlet Knights who won 4 games in 5 nights to win the Middle School Championship. Rutgers overcame 4th quarter deficits in 3 of those games including the Championship game. Great job RU!
Boys High School Champions - Team Gorlick
Team Gorlick captured the senior league championship after going a perfect 16-0 this season. The boys, who were the ultimate definition of a cohesive team that played great fundamental basketball all year, overcame every obstacle thrown their way en route to capping off an undefeated season.
CBAA Basketball would like to send a major THANK YOU to all of our volunteers and sponsors for helping make the 2014-2015 season such a success. With over 1500 kids playing basketball in our organization, CBAA Basketball is only as good as our volunteers. We thank everyone for their help, but would like to acknowledge the following coaches from each league who really went above and beyond the call of duty.
Our sponsor, Dick's Sporting Goods, has some special offers for our CBAA Basketball families. Please see the "special offers" image on the right side, or click on this link to get to the coupopns.
Below you will find the names of our 2014-15 CBAA Board. Please contact the appropriate board member with any question that you may have via our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
CBAA Basketball Board 2014-15
|Chris Mazullo||Compliance Director|
|Robin Kardane||Registration / Database|
|Karen Dubin||Sponsorship / Uniforms|
|Mike Reilly||Community Events|
|Tony Badger||Web Manager|
|Mike LaBouliere||Schedules / Gym Coordination|
|Patrice Ockenhouse||Ref and PIAA Ref Coordinators|
|Glen Ockenhouse||CBAA Summer League Director|
|Gary Ockenhouse||Gym Security Coordinator|
|Mark Fasano||Board Member at Large|
|Ryan Bartchak||Board Member at Large|
|Pete DiGiovanni & Ryan Bartchak||Boys Grades 1/2 League Directors|
|Brian Lange & Mike LaBouliere||Boys Grades 3/4 League Directors|
|Amy Badger & Tony Badger||Boys Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|Howard Vogel & Mark Fasano||Boys Middle School League Directors|
|Jared Gorlick & Karen Dubin||Boys High School League Directors|
|Pete DiGiovanni||Girls Grades 1/2 League Director|
|Jeff Stein & Mike Burns||Girls Grades 3/4 League Directors|
|Kim Hagerich & George Pla||Girls Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|David Horner||Girls Senior League Director|
|Anthony and Sylvan Pools||John Kennedy Dealerships|
|Barb Luciano, Weichert Realtors||King Insurance Group|
|C and C Photo Studios||Mane Media Group|
|Central Bucks Urology||Montgomery Bucks Endodontics PC|
|Classical Conversations||Sportswear Plus|
|Dick's Sporting Goods||Sure Line Info|
|Doylestown Physical Therapy Associates||Tech Tag & Label|
|Elocal.com||The Law Offices of Williams & Scheetz|
|Fox Rothschild LLP||Tomlinson Electric|
|Franco Electric||Visiting Angels - Three Teams|
|Infinite Landscapes||VM of Langhorne|
CBAA BASKETBALL on Twitter
- CBAA Basketball Camp August 17 to 21 fb.me/4jvnIhobm 15 days ago
- CBAA eNews conta.cc/1IFj3H2 fb.me/6LDqDhWNp 25 days ago
- CBAA eNews #constantcontact conta.cc/1IFj3H2 25 days ago
- 20% Savings at Sports Authority - -this weekend conta.cc/1gqsdgb fb.me/4HMO3ZbIW 27 days ago
- 20% Savings at Sports Authority - -this weekend #constantcontact conta.cc/1gqsdgb 27 days ago
- 20% Savings at Sports Authority! Members Appreciation, This Weekend! conta.cc/1Df1Cwp fb.me/4uTECykQH 28 days ago
- 20% Savings at Sports Authority! Members Appreciation, This Weekend! #constantcontact conta.cc/1Df1Cwp 28 days ago
- August 2nd & 3rd! 20% Savings at Sports Authority! Members Appreciation, This Weekend! conta.cc/1IulufG fb.me/2uJPLzt9H 29 days ago
- August 2nd & 3rd! 20% Savings at Sports Authority! Members Appreciation, This Weekend! #constantcontact conta.cc/1IulufG 29 days ago
- CBAA Basketball Summer Camps conta.cc/1K2oVJI fb.me/4IHAlgWO7 12 Jul
- CBAA Basketball Summer Camps conta.cc/1FWfh6d fb.me/1LyfAXOnS 02 Jul
- Girls Basketball Camp Starts Tomorrow! conta.cc/1LDaxuh fb.me/21qStwDoo 28 Jun
- Basketball Camp 6/22 to 6/25 conta.cc/1Gfwed5 fb.me/1NTC6Mh3D 21 Jun
- CBAA Basketball Summer Camps conta.cc/1MRPaTp fb.me/7w2qbVUwA 19 Jun
- Registration is still open- CBAA / BUSC Soccer to host DOC run Soccer Camps this Summer conta.cc/1QE9EVU fb.me/2dBQ3mw2B 17 Jun
- Registration is still open- CBAA / BUSC Soccer to host DOC run Soccer Camps this Summer #constantcontact conta.cc/1QE9EVU 17 Jun
- CBAA Basketball Summer Camps conta.cc/1elIeTy fb.me/zJFKLZmR 16 Jun
- Basketball Summer Camps conta.cc/1Iy5ZS8 fb.me/3toU5i02U 12 Jun
- 20% Savings at Sports Authority -CBAA Weekend conta.cc/1FGxEx9 fb.me/2nLdnVopo 09 Jun
- 20% Savings at Sports Authority -CBAA Weekend #constantcontact conta.cc/1FGxEx9 09 Jun