CBAA will be offering weekly Skills and Drills sessions throughout the spring beginning on Monday, 4/13. These sessions are free and are open to all players who were registered for the CBAA 2014-2015 season.
Girls - 3rd grade/4th grade/5th grade- Thursdays, 6:30-8:00 at Cold Spring (Enter through back of building)
Girls - 6th/7th - Fridays, 6:30-8:00 at Holicong
Boys 2nd/3rd - Thursdays, 6:30-8:00 at Groveland
Boys -4th - Mondays 6:30-8:00 at Groveland
Boys -5th/6th - Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 at Holicong
Alvin Williams and The Academy of Hoops will be conducting Tuesday night clinics during the month of May. Registration information will be announced in next couple of days.
Hoop group (http://hoopgroup.com/) will be conducting a free clinic on Tuesday, 4/28 at Holicong at the following times:
7:00-8:00 - Boys/Girls 3rd-6th
8:00-9:00 - Boys/Girls 6th-9th
Hoop group runs the premier basketball camps in the country and will be providing literature on their summer camps as well as discounts for all CBAA players.
Despite major obstacles thrown at us by Mother Nature, CBAA capped off a great season with a thrilling March Madness Tournament this past week. In front of packed crowds, the boys and girls in our community played some impressive basketball with many of the games decided on the last shot. Congratulations to all.
Girls Division -
3rd/4th Girls Champions - B Ball Boa's
Congratulations to Coach Neil Giacomelli and his B Ball Boa's. The Boa's finished the regular season at 4-6 before going on a great playoff run to win the championship. A true March Madness Cinderella team. Awesome job B Ball Boa's!
5th/6th Girls Champions - The Hulks
Congratulations to Chris Taylor, David Hendricks and The Hulks for winning the Girls 5th & 6th Grade League Championship! The Hulks got off to a great first half and then had to hold off a furious 2nd half rally to hold onto the victory. Great job Hulks!
Girls Senior League Champions - The Big Blue
Coached by Dave Horner and Brad Maloney, the Big Blue, finished the regular season in 7th place with a record of 3-7 but caught lightning in a bottle for a postseason run that culminated with a 31-28 overtime win over the top-seeded team in the championship game. Congrats to the Big Blue!
Boys Division -
Boys 3rd/4th grade league held 2 year end Tournament Brackets.
Ivy League Championship - Syracuse
The Ivy League Championship was decided by a tight margin as Michigan, coached by Dave Walter, squared off against Syracuse, coached by Rob Hathaway. The 1st half ended with Syracuse holding a significant lead, but the Wolverines refused to go away and battled back throughout the 2nd half. With just 2 minutes left in the game, Michigan closed to within 2, and fans were at the edge of their seats. The Orange successfully held off the Wolverine charge and emerged as the victor of the Ivy League. Congrats to Coach Hathaway and Syracuse.
Big East Championship - Temple
The Big East Championship had the Temple Owls facing off against the Irish of Notre Dame. This was an epic battle of the titans, where the Irish found themselves down by 10 at halftime. Temple stumbled early in the 2nd half and the Irish closed the gap. Ultimately the strength of the Owls outside shooting was too much for the team from South Bend, and Temple closed the door and won to be the Big East Champions. Congratulations to the Temple Owls.
NCAA Bracket Championship - Duke
#5 seed Duke squared off against the #6 seed Kentucky in the championship game of the NCAA bracket. A three pointer at the first quarter buzzer doubled Duke’s lead and they never looked back. Kentucky made a valiant attempt late, but had too much to overcome. Congratulations to Coach Joe Feraco and the Blue Devils on an excellent season!
NIT Bracket Championship - Penn State
The final on Monday night featuring #2 seeded Purdue and #5 seeded Penn State was a close affair for the first half, with excellent team play on both sides. In the third quarter, Penn State hit from everywhere on the court and built a double digit lead they never relinquished. Congratulations to the Nittany Lions and coaches Scott Hamilton and Dave Robinson for their post season success!
Boys Middle School Champions - Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Congratulations to the Scarlet Knights who won 4 games in 5 nights to win the Middle School Championship. Rutgers overcame 4th quarter deficits in 3 of those games including the Championship game. Great job RU!
Boys High School Champions - Team Gorlick
Team Gorlick captured the senior league championship after going a perfect 16-0 this season. The boys, who were the ultimate definition of a cohesive team that played great fundamental basketball all year, overcame every obstacle thrown their way en route to capping off an undefeated season.
CBAA Basketball would like to send a major THANK YOU to all of our volunteers and sponsors for helping make the 2014-2015 season such a success. With over 1500 kids playing basketball in our organization, CBAA Basketball is only as good as our volunteers. We thank everyone for their help, but would like to acknowledge the following coaches from each league who really went above and beyond the call of duty.
As the CBAA seasons are winding down, remember to visit our Camps and Clinics page to find more opportunities for your young athletes to play and learn basketball. As we receive information about these local opportunities we will adding them directly onto this page.
Our sponsor, Dick's Sporting Goods, has some special offers for our CBAA Basketball families. Please see the "special offers" image on the right side, or click on this link to get to the coupopns.
Below you will find the names of our 2014-15 CBAA Board. Please contact the appropriate board member with any question that you may have via our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
CBAA Basketball Board 2014-15
|Chris Mazullo||Compliance Director|
|Robin Kardane||Registration / Database|
|Karen Dubin||Sponsorship / Uniforms|
|Mike Reilly||Community Events|
|Tony Badger||Web Manager|
|Mike LaBouliere||Schedules / Gym Coordination|
|Patrice Ockenhouse||Ref and PIAA Ref Coordinators|
|Glen Ockenhouse||CBAA Summer League Director|
|Gary Ockenhouse||Gym Security Coordinator|
|Mark Fasano||Board Member at Large|
|Ryan Bartchak||Board Member at Large|
|Pete DiGiovanni & Ryan Bartchak||Boys Grades 1/2 League Directors|
|Brian Lange & Mike LaBouliere||Boys Grades 3/4 League Directors|
|Amy Badger & Tony Badger||Boys Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|Howard Vogel & Mark Fasano||Boys Middle School League Directors|
|Jared Gorlick & Karen Dubin||Boys High School League Directors|
|Pete DiGiovanni||Girls Grades 1/2 League Director|
|Jeff Stein & Mike Burns||Girls Grades 3/4 League Directors|
|Kim Hagerich & George Pla||Girls Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|David Horner||Girls Senior League Director|
|Anthony and Sylvan Pools||John Kennedy Dealerships|
|Barb Luciano, Weichert Realtors||King Insurance Group|
|C and C Photo Studios||Mane Media Group|
|Central Bucks Urology||Montgomery Bucks Endodontics PC|
|Classical Conversations||Sportswear Plus|
|Dick's Sporting Goods||Sure Line Info|
|Doylestown Physical Therapy Associates||Tech Tag & Label|
|Elocal.com||The Law Offices of Williams & Scheetz|
|Fox Rothschild LLP||Tomlinson Electric|
|Franco Electric||Visiting Angels - Three Teams|
|Infinite Landscapes||VM of Langhorne|
CBAA BASKETBALL on Twitter
- I posted 9 photos on Facebook in the album "2015 CBAA March Madness" fb.me/7t9Gqgma7 19 days ago
- Basketball Team Refuses To Play Against Another Team For Most Incredible Reason fb.me/7ese0ElWi 17 Mar
- 2015 Philadelphia Union Tickets available for sale -2nd Home Game & Club Night conta.cc/1HTh53s fb.me/3D41u350A 14 Mar
- 2015 Philadelphia Union Tickets available for sale -2nd Home Game & Club Night #constantcontact conta.cc/1HTh53s 14 Mar
- Summer Soccer Camps for CBAA Members conta.cc/1AgvZvz fb.me/7mqWdzvJj 11 Mar
- Summer Soccer Camps for CBAA Members #constantcontact conta.cc/1AgvZvz 11 Mar
- CBAA Volunteer Changes conta.cc/1EYQ1jm fb.me/78pVfLUvl 11 Mar
- CBAA Volunteer Changes #constantcontact conta.cc/1EYQ1jm 11 Mar
- NFA SC National Futbol Academy Soccer Camps conta.cc/1E9WJmu fb.me/1DcTKDKnL 19 Feb
- NFA SC National Futbol Academy Soccer Camps #constantcontact conta.cc/1E9WJmu 19 Feb
- IMPORTANT MEMO for all CBAA Volunteers #constantcontact conta.cc/1zykCxt 12 Feb
- 20% Savings Coupon from Sports Authority #constantcontact conta.cc/1CROgF6 10 Feb
- Coaches vs Cancer February 7! conta.cc/1DO7Oao fb.me/74zZj7O0R 06 Feb
- Coaches vs Cancer Saturday, February 7 conta.cc/1CSzb4D fb.me/3Omd3uay2 02 Feb
- CB East Lady Patriots Host Community Night Watch the Lady Patriots as they host the Pennridge Lady Rams at the... fb.me/1z6QULNj3 14 Jan
- Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday to support CBAA Basketball in our first annual Flapjack Fundraiser.... fb.me/7E6e7oGwJ 13 Jan
- CBAA Basketball Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebee's, Easton Rd. in Warrington, on Saturday, January 10th from 8 to... fb.me/3Nd0iBYN1 08 Jan
- Spring Lacrosse at CBAA #constantcontact conta.cc/1zXzBSl 08 Jan
- Special talk by author and speaker John O'Sullivan is less than two weeks away! #constantcontact conta.cc/1tIhmnf 03 Jan
- CBAA Soccer Program Registration Info #constantcontact conta.cc/13XGo6l 26 Dec