CBAA Basketball is now accepting applications for head coaching slots for the 2016-2017 season. The deadline for submitting your application is Monday, August 8. Applications can be accessed by visiting the Documents section on our webiste, www.cbaabasketball.net or you can click here
To apply, please send completed application to CBAA Basketball President, Gary Elias (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CBAA Basketball will be offering travel teams for Boys and Girls grades 3-8. We will also have a travel division for Boys grades 9-11 this year. Tryouts will begin in mid-late September. Please check our website for updates in mid August.
Registration for the CBAA Summer League is officially OPEN! Online registration is completely new this year.
Instructions are below and also on the page listed here:
Basketball Summer Program Open!
Registration open for Summer Basketball
To register for Summer Basketball:
Click the banner on the top of the page that says 'registration now open, click here to register'
Sign into / create your account at cbaasports.org
Register to play for this registration:
BASKETBALL: Summer League 2016
Note: if you are an adult registering a team, please select 'register to play' and NOT 'apply to coach/volunteer' to complete payment
If you have questions, please contact Glen Ockenhouse email@example.com Reminder that all coaches and assistants need to have their clearances completed before coaching so please take care of that ahead of time.
CBAA Basketball will once again be conducting Skills and Drills throughout the spring. These sessions are FREE and are open only to players who were registered with CBAA Basketball during the 2015-2016 season. The Skills and Drills sessions are as follows:
Boys 2nd/3rd Grades
Tuesdays, April 5- May 17, 6:30-8:00 at Groveland Elementary
Boys 4th/5th Grades
Thursdays April 7- May 27 (NO PLAY May 5), 6:30-8:00 at Groveland Elementary
Boys 6th/7th Grades
Tuesdays, April 5-May 31, 6:30-8:00 at Holicong Middle School
Wednesdays April 6-May 25, 6:30 - 8:00 at Groveland Elementary
CBAA Basketball would like to thank all of our volunteers who helped to make the 2015-2016 season one of our best ever. With your help, CBAA Basketball was able to provide a great season of hoops to almost 1400 kids in our community. We had a fantastic season which was capped off with a thrilling March Madness Tournament. A gallery of the league champions can be found below. Thanks again for all your help!
Congratulations to our 2016 Intramural League Champions!
CHECK OUT OUR INTRAMURAL CHAMPIONS PAGE! Click here.
Scholarship - CBAA Basketball is pleased to announce the availability of 2 (two) one thousand dollar($1000) scholarships to be granted to one female and one male senior that has played CBAA Basketball. Click here for an application.
Just a reminder you can access league game schedules by going to our Game Schedules page (link is also on the left of most pages). Some leagues use the online system, and others uploaded schedules which would be at the bottom of the page.
We value our relationships with our schools and appreciate the opportunity our kids have to play basketball in their gyms. It is extremely important to the success of our organization that everyone respects the rules of these gyms. They are as follows:
- NO ball playing or bouncing of balls in the hallway.
- Visitors are only permitted in the gym and hallway leading to the gym. Nobody should be going to other areas of the building.
- Please use the bathrooms in the hallway down from the gym and throw all paper towels in the trash.
- NO food in the gym… only water bottles and/or sports drinks for players.
- Please clean up and throw away all trash prior to leaving the building.
- Children should be accompanied by adults at all times.
- No person is permitted to sit on any stage.
CBAA Basketball will be offering a Boys 9th/10th Travel Team that will participate in the ICBA League and play in 3-4 tournaments. Practices will begin in late November.
Please contact Gary Elias at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in trying out for this team.
New Child Protection laws that affect CBAA volunteers:
Any CBAA volunteer ages 18 and older who accepts responsibility for a CBAA player and has direct contact* with our players is defined as a mandatory reporter under Pennsylvania law:
*“Direct contact” is defined as the care, supervision, guidance or control of children and routine interaction with children. “routine interaction with children” is defined as regular and repeated contact that is integral to a person's employment or volunteer responsibilities.
As a mandatory reporter, certain clearances will be required for an individual to participate within CBAA, the following must be submitted to email@example.com prior to the start of the Fall 2015 season. At a minimum this applies to all Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches in each program.
1. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services COST: FREE
2. Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police COST: FREE
3a. If you have lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years, provide signed FBI Disclosure Statement
3b. If you have NOT lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years, complete an FBI fingerprint based criminal background check. COST: $27.50. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a payment code
For further information on the laws see: Keepkidsafe.org or contact the CBAA Compliance Director: email@example.com
Note that a variation of these laws also pertains to paid trainers and other paid individuals. Please contact the CBAA Compliance Director: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this topic.
Below you will find the names of our 2015-16 CBAA Board. Please contact the appropriate board member with any question that you may have via our e-mail email@example.com Thank you.
CBAA Basketball Board 2015-16
|Robin Kardane||Registration / Database|
|Chris Mazullo||Compliance / Travel Director|
|Karen Dubin||Sponsorship / Uniforms|
|Tony Badger||Web Manager|
|Patrice & Gary Ockenhouse||Ref and PIAA Ref Coordinators|
|Ryan Bartchak||Boys Grades 1/2 League Director|
|Stephen Herrera||Boys Grades 3/4 League Director|
|Amy Badger & Tony Badger||Boys Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|Mike LaBouliere||Boys Middle School League Director|
|Jared Gorlick||Boys High School League Director|
|Chris Slack||Girls Grades 1/2 League Director|
|Jeff Stein & Mike Burns||Girls Grades 3/4 League Directors|
|Kim Hagerich & George Pla||Girls Grades 5/6 League Directors|
|David Horner||Girls Senior League Director|
|Glen Ockenhouse||Summer League Director|
Remember to visit our Camps and Clinics page to find more opportunities for your young athletes to play and learn basketball. As we receive information about these local opportunities we will adding them directly onto this page.
|Anthony and Sylvan Pools||McArdle's Holiday Tree Farm|
|Applebee's Grill and Bar||Montgomery Bucks Endodontics (2 Teams)|
|Black Dog Design||Musick Tile|
|Blaher Office Furniture||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons|
|Central Bucks Urology||Pioneer Dentistry (2 Teams)|
|Elm Grove Forge||Remax Action Realty - Tom Kehan|
|Gresko Builders||Solebury Investment Group|
|Harte Group||Sure Line Info|
|King Insurance Group||TAVO Packaging|
|Lucktastic||Weichert Realtors - Barbara Luciano|
CBAA Basketball would like to send a major THANK YOU to all of our volunteers and sponsors for helping make the 2014-2015 season such a success. With over 1500 kids playing basketball in our organization, CBAA Basketball is only as good as our volunteers. We thank everyone for their help, but would like to acknowledge the following coaches from each league who really went above and beyond the call of duty.
Our sponsor, Dick's Sporting Goods, has some special offers for our CBAA Basketball families. Please see the "special offers" image on the right side, or click on this link to get to the coupopns.
CBAA BASKETBALL on Twitter
- Closing in two weeks -- Register for IM 2016 Fall Soccer fb.me/6qoSCk6XB 2 days ago
- CBAA Lacrosse Fall Ball Registration - Early Bird Discount Ends 8/8 fb.me/7VLf8huNf 4 days ago
- Closing in two weeks -- Register for IM 2016 Fall Soccer fb.me/1q8BsxTnD 6 days ago
- Evening Soccer Camp designed for our High School Players fb.me/1joyW3bD4 6 days ago
- Speed, Agility and Quickness Training -- Pre-Season Fitness fb.me/7u4pSX6jp 8 days ago
- Speed, Agility and Quickness Training -- Pre-season Fitness fb.me/3Zh4WqPg2 11 days ago
- CBAA LACROSSE FALL BALL - REGISTER NOW! fb.me/vG5ktFDa 13 days ago
- Speed, Agility and Quickness Training -- August Session fb.me/4SGWWr2BT 15 days ago
- Tickets left for Sunday Union game! fb.me/DMs2Xz9y 16 days ago
- Early Bird Discount Endings Today -- Register for IM 2016 Fall Soccer fb.me/1pk5oB4tW 21 days ago
- Last day for early bird discount -- register for IM Soccer! fb.me/8ynqEq9xX 21 days ago
- Early Bird discount for CBAA IM/Rec Soccer ends soon! fb.me/10qqO7pNW 24 days ago
- Philadelphia Union Tickets Available fb.me/2qMekeCvJ 25 days ago
- Soccer 4 Soldiers! Enter your team! fb.me/4NL6Kqk8g 26 days ago
- Early Bird discount for CBAA IM/Rec Soccer ends soon! fb.me/5ebQkT4J6 28 days ago
- Phila Union tickets for July fb.me/53BnlKJdK 29 days ago
- Soccer 4 Soldiers! Enter your team! fb.me/7akR3ZcD4 29 days ago
- Soccer 4 Soldiers! Enter your team! fb.me/5jVT8pLBY 28 Jun
- Beat Summer Learning Loss! fb.me/1jRoo3ckB 12 Jun
- This Sunday! Nova's 4th Annual No Bullying Run fb.me/7tHU9KFKg 09 Jun