The New Canaan Running Club will launch its 8-week Spring 2013 Session starting:
Tuesday, March 5th. and ending Thursday, June 6th
Practices will run Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30pm at the NC high school track.
For athletes that qualify for the Junior Olympics, the session will be extended to prepare athletes for the Junior Olympics.
We will participate in a combination of meets and local races. We ask that the parents take an active roll in these events. Your kids need your support, and they are thrilled to see you at these events. It makes it fun for everyone. And, if the parents are interested in running a local race with the kids and need some coaching advice, we would be happy to help.
We will have a list of weekend races and events up soon.
Children ages 9-14 are eligible to participate, and the cost will be $125 per athlete. In the meantime, you may contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Online registration is open on this website.
Membership in the New Canaan Running Club entitles each child to:
- Highly qualified coaches and individualized goal setting and training
- Paid registration fees for meets and races attended by the club
- USATF insurance coverage for practices and meets (information about coverage and terms)
- New Balance New Canaan singlet uniform top
- Discount on New Balance New Canaan athletic shoes
Practices are 2X per week; Weekday/Saturday meets and other local races:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Practice from 5:30 to 6:30 pm
Events Runners Can Participate In
1500m/1600m (depends on meet)
Administrators - be sure to log in to start building your site by customizing the color scheme, adding your own banner to the top of every page, and publishing information to each page.
The New Canaan Running Club completed a successful inaugural Spring 2012 session with more than 40 athletes participating in the club and able to compete in several track meets and one road race. We witnessed hard work and commitment, tremendous growth and improvement among runners, and appreciation and enjoyment. We would like to thank New Balance New Canaan for their sponsorship and support, the coaching staff, and the various town bodies that permitted us to use the high school track and Waveny Park for practices. There are several lessons that we the organizers and sponsors learned from our first session and we will make several changes that we expect will improve future sessions (see the Fall 2012 session for more information).
- More than 40 athletes joined the New Canaan Running Club
- 10 week program with practices 3x week
- Athletes improved fitness, learned different track events, commitment and dedication, friendship and teamwork
- Sponsorship from New Balance New Canaan to operate club, purchase equipment and provide team shirts
- Several races and meets, including 3 mile Bunny Boogie road race in Darien and 2 track meets at Staples HS in Westport, select athletes also participated in Middle Scool State meet in Manchester, CT Junior Olympics in New Britain, CT and Regional Junior Olympics in Uniondale, New York