The New Canaan Running Team will launch its Fall 2013 Session starting:
Monday, September 16th from 4:15-5:15 pm
Ending time frame depending on qualifiying for races:
November 24th- USTAF Region I Junior Olympic Championship, Bowdoin Park, Wappingers Falls, NY
December 14th- Junior Olympic Nationals, Austin, TX
enter at coacho.com
Monday, Wednesday from 4:15-5:15
Saturday from 8:30 am to 9:30 am
**Meet at the Waveny Mansion big tree (right side of mansion). This is where the HS cross country boys meet.
We will participate in a handful of meets, some located up to an hour away and some local races. We ask that the parents take an active roll in these events. It is so fun for the kids are really important that we support these races.
Children ages 9-14 are eligible to participate, and the cost will be $150 per athlete. In the meantime, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We have had some changes in our coach. Alex has moved back to Florida, but we are so happy to have Bill Martin. He is the current coach for the NC high school boys running program. His bio is on our coaches page.
Online registration is open on this website.
Membership in the New Canaan Running Club entitles each child to:
- Highly qualified coaches and individualized goal setting and training
- Paid registration fees for meets and races attended by the club
- USATF insurance coverage for practices and meets (information about coverage and terms)
- New Balance New Canaan singlet uniform top
- Discount on New Balance New Canaan athletic shoes
Administrators - be sure to log in to start building your site by customizing the color scheme, adding your own banner to the top of every page, and publishing information to each page.
The New Canaan Running Club completed a successful inaugural Spring 2012 session with more than 40 athletes participating in the club and able to compete in several track meets and one road race. We witnessed hard work and commitment, tremendous growth and improvement among runners, and appreciation and enjoyment. We would like to thank New Balance New Canaan for their sponsorship and support, the coaching staff, and the various town bodies that permitted us to use the high school track and Waveny Park for practices. There are several lessons that we the organizers and sponsors learned from our first session and we will make several changes that we expect will improve future sessions (see the Fall 2012 session for more information).
- More than 40 athletes joined the New Canaan Running Club
- 10 week program with practices 3x week
- Athletes improved fitness, learned different track events, commitment and dedication, friendship and teamwork
- Sponsorship from New Balance New Canaan to operate club, purchase equipment and provide team shirts
- Several races and meets, including 3 mile Bunny Boogie road race in Darien and 2 track meets at Staples HS in Westport, select athletes also participated in Middle Scool State meet in Manchester, CT Junior Olympics in New Britain, CT and Regional Junior Olympics in Uniondale, New York