Sideline Behavior Policy - At no time shall any person on the sidelines use abusive language or harass Coaches, players or officials on either the Warriors Lacrosse team or members of the opposition. No one other than the Coaches or the players are permitted on the player's box side of the field. (Please see the Code of Conduct below for additional information).
All Participants (including coaches):
When attending a Warriors Lacrosse event (i.e. games, practices, etc.)...
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
- I will not engage in any behavior, which would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
- I will not use nor will I be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs.
- I will not use profanity or any other offensive or aggressive language.
- I will treat every coach, parent, player, participant, official and every other attendee with respect.
- I will not engage in verbal or physical threats, abuse, or to become involved in a fight or scuffle, or retaliate, with any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or any other participant for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will never step on the field during the course of the game.
- I will be responsible for the behavior of all my family members (including children, whether they are playing in the game or not, spouses, parents, grandparents, etc) attending an event. I will ensure that they behave in accordance with the Warriors Lacrosse Code of Conduct.
I will inform my family members (including children, whether they are playing in the game or not, spouses, parents, grandparents, etc) that they are subject to the Warriors Lacrosse Code of Conduct and to the consequences for failing to comply.
While serving as a Warriors Lacrosse Coach…
- I will behave in a manner that demonstrates that I recognize and support the fact that this is a community-based, youth sports organization for the benefit of all the players and their families. My primary goal is to help the players have fun while teaching them good sportsmanship, teamwork and the game of lacrosse.
- I fully understand that my “win/loss” record as a Warriors Lacrosse Coach is not what is important.
- I will support the efforts of all players equally.
- I will support and abide by all the rules established by the Warriors Lacrosse Board of Directors.
- I will counsel and appropriately discipline players for unsportsmanlike conduct including “trash talking” and taunting.
Anyone who fails to behave in accordance with the Code of Conduct while attending, coaching, officiating, or participating in a youth sports event will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to the following, in any order or combination, at the sole discretion of the Warriors Lacrosse Board of Directors:
- Verbal warning.
- Written warning.
- Suspension or immediate ejection from an event.
- Suspension from multiple events.
- Season suspension or multiple season suspension.
- Referral to law enforcement authorities.
Note: The most severe disciplinary action may be taken after the first infraction and shall be at the sole, unrestricted discretion of the Warriors Lacrosse Board of Directors.
Parent Participation…Warriors Lacrosse is an ALL VOLUNTEER organization and our primary goal is to make Warriors Lacrosse a rewarding experience for everyone! Our volunteer parents have a lot of fun working with the kids and meeting other lacrosse families. We encourage ALL parents to get involved as the success of our Program relies on every family doing their part such as coaching, field maintenance, team parent, etc. If you see a need or have an interest in helping in any particular area, please email us at email@example.com – no experience necessary!
Equipment - All players must be properly equipped in order to participate including a regulation stick, lacrosse helmet, mouth guard, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, cup. If you are not sure where to go for equipment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance, we are happy to help!
Head Coach's Responsibility - The Head Coach will appoint all Assistant Coaches (subject to the approval of the Executive Board) and is responsible to the Executive Board. All Coaches shall uphold the ethics of good clean sportsmanship and safety in lacrosse for the players. The Head Coach shall recommend discharge of any member of the Coaching Staff who does not practice such ethics. The Head Coach shall be responsible for the proficiency, conduct and indoctrination of the Coaching Staff with respect to their relationships with the players in teaching and upholding the ideals of good sportsmanship, teamwork, good conduct and team spirit, along with the proper teaching of the fundamentals of the game of lacrosse.
The Head Coach may suspend from play, for any length of time, up to a full season, any lacrosse member for good and sufficient reason. This will include action taken for the good of the lacrosse team member, such as injury, scholastic inefficiency, lack of cooperation, bad or unsportsmanlike conduct and actions detrimental to the good of the team.
Complaint Policy - Adult members of the Organization shall refrain from directing complaints to Coaches or team representatives during games, and at no time, to game officials. The objectives of the Warriors Lacrosse Organization of good conduct should be kept in mind at all times. All complaints must be in writing and signed, and submitted to the President. Complaints other than in this fashion will not be honored.
Alcohol Policy - All members of the Organization shall refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages while on the premises at any Warriors Lacrosse practice or game. Any member who is observed consuming alcohol will be asked to leave immediately. Furthermore, due to safety concerns, any member of the Organization who is visibly intoxicated will be asked to leave the premises immediately. The objectives of the Warriors Lacrosse Organization of good conduct should be kept in mind at all times and there will be zero tolerance regarding alcohol consumption of any member while on the premises.
Refund Policy - The following guidelines have been established for the Organization regarding refunds...No refunds will be issued once the participant receives his uniform and/or steps onto the field for the first practice/evaluation. A refund may be issued, less a $25.00 assessment fee prior to the first practice.
Publicity Policy - Your child’s name and roster number may appear in Warriors Lacrosse publicity from time to time, including but not limited to game programs, local newspapers and our web site.
Warriors Lacrosse is a Totally Volunteer Organization, we need the help of all of our families to make this program successful for our children. Not everyone can or needs to be a Board Member or a Coach, however, every little bit of volunteering helps. Please do your part to support your child and your Organization.